Have Freedom to Explore with the Ultimate Home Cruiser – Roomy, Economical to run, Stable and with a Shallow Draft.
Made for Moreton Bay and has cruised the coast from Southport to Cook Town, and all ports in between.
At home in the Australian coastal environment with destinations to explore such as reefs, islands, estuaries and rivers.
This 16m (52.5 ft) powered catamaran has cruised the coast from Southport to Cook Town, and all ports between. With a shallow draft of only 0.96m (3.1ft), a spacious beam of 6m (19.7ft), and a displacement of 12 tons, she is a stable, low draft vessel powered with twin economical and proven 50hp Yanmar diesel engines, giving a speed of 8.5-9 knots and consumption of only 8 Litres/hr in total for both engines.
The full-length keels with stainless steel shoes protect the running gear, and allow you to beach her and maintain an upright stable platform.
The Ultimate Home Cruiser, an excellent family boat for fishing, diving, surfing and all manner of water sports, or for simply just exploring. Or live-a-board and rent out your home, or set-up as an office; so many options, compared to other boat types, such as mono hulls, due to the stability, low draft and extensive living space of this fine vessel, this boat has always been impeccably maintained, by the retired ship’s captain owner.
Built professionally by boat builder William Peddell in Victoria Point QLD. Over the last five year period, the boat has had the refurbishment of all major structural components, carried out by professional boat builders at great expense. Recently inspected by an independent marine surveyor for her five year insurance survey. (22/3/2019 survey)
Accommodation and Layout
There is a double cabin situated forward in the port and starboard hull. There are also single bed cabins mid-ship in each hull. A toilet is fitted in the forward section of the starboard hull in front of the double cabin. A second toilet and shower on the main deck starboard side aft have access from the cockpit area.
The main deck is comprised of a forward steering station, saloon and galley. The dinette sits 6 people and converts to a small double bed, and there is also a day bed in the saloon. This area is fitted with Fujitsu reverse cycle A/C for your comfort. The galley is positioned in the rear of the saloon with access from the cockpit, and it contains a Fisher & Paykel four-burner gas cook top, a Panasonic microwave/ convection oven, and a Fisher & Paykel 2-door inverted fridge/freezer. The double stainless steel sink has a drain board, and hot and cold running water. The galley contains excellent storage space in cupboards, drawers, shelves and racks to easily store cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
The bathroom is midship starboard side main deck with access from the cockpit, including a full size toilet, shower and hand basin with cabinet. Hot water is supplied from the 80L Rheem 240 Volt system.
The large fully enclosed aft deck space contains the main steering station with elevated helm chair, and provides access to the two main engines, steering gear and ships batteries. Also set-up aft in the roomy outdoor covered area (5m x 3.8m) are a freezer, aft sinks and a fish filleting station with running fresh/ salt water, and a deck shower.
Inventory and Specifications
• Length: 16m (52.5ft) Beam: 6m (19.7ft) Draft: 0.96m (3.1ft) Displacement: 12 ton
• Main engines are two naturally aspirated 4 cylinder Yanmar diesel 4JH4E Year 2006 with 1900 hrs. Fuel consumption at 9 knots approx. 8 Litres/hr.
• Generator 8KVA Seawasp.
• Solar 3000 Watt Vitcon inverter and 5 solar panels.
• Water tank capacity – 1000L
• Fuel diesel capacity – 440L
• Waste holding tank is an Aqua San Mini System.
• Crane: Davco low profile crane, rated for 350Kg
• Bridge equipment includes: VHF Radio, GPS No.1 Raymarine (Navionics charts),
• GPS No.2 Lorenz (C-Map), Sounders Lorenz and Navman, Compass 125mm Ritchie,
• Cameras for berthing and anchoring.
• TV: LG LCD 56”
• Toilets : 2 x Marine Electric Macerating Toilets
• Holding Tank
• Water Tanks : 2 x 220L Approx Bladder Tanks
• Fresh Water Pressure System : 12 Volt DC Pressure System
• Hot Water System : Rheem 80L Domestic AC System
• Shower Facilities : 1 x internal aft facility (hot & cold) & 1 x aft deck (cold)
• Refrigeration & Freezers : 1 x full size fridge/freezer in galley & freezer on aft deck
• Air-conditioning : FUJITSU Split System reverse cycle AC
• Cooking Facility/s : Microwave Convection oven/ 4 burner gas cook top/ St/St Gas BBQ on aft deck
• Anchoring Systems : MUIR THOR Warping Drum & Gypsy Electric & Manual Winch
• 100 lb Galvanized Dalford Anchor / 75lb Plough anchor Spare
• Chain : ½ ” Short Link Galvanized Chain Rode 50m
• Shore Power Inlet : IP66 / Safety Switch Fitted
• Inverter System: 3000watt Vitcon inverter
• Battery Charging 12Vdc : Solar PV & Fitted AC Charger
• Battery bank 12Vdc system
• Cabin, Deck & Cockpit LED Lighting
• TMQ Autopilot AP4
• Fish finder and depth sounder
• Depth sounder (depth only)
• Nav Lights
- Two x ME Yanmar diesel 4JH4E Year 2006 twin economical and proven 50hp Yanmar diesel engines, giving a speed of 8.5-9 knots and consumption of only 8 Litres/hr in total for both engines. (4litres/hour/engine @ 3000 RPM)
- Generator 8KVA Seawasp
Currently on offer, and priced to sell, for $150,000
Please contact us anytime. Contact
Jim Mob: 0418 368 985